Terms & Conditions
Gary Lunt trading as Reel Tours
1) Scope – these Terms & Conditions (“the Terms”) shall apply to all sales made by Gary Lunt trading as Reel Tours (“Reel Tours”) entering into any contractual undertaking with any person (“the Customer”). The Customer can be an individual booking for themselves alone or a “Lead Person” booking on behalf of a group of people (“the Party”) (including family members).
2) The Contract – by placing an order with Reel Tours, either directly or via their website (reeltours.co.uk) the Customer/Lead Person is offering to purchase Services from Reel Tours on the basis of these Terms. In making the booking the Customer/Lead Person confirms that:
i. They have read these terms & conditions and that they agree either on their own behalf or on behalf of the Party that they will be bound by them including any other members of the Party who join after the booking date;
ii. They are over 18 years of age;
iii. The Party complies with the age restrictions specified for the use of the Services;
iv. They are responsible for payment of the total booking value together with any subsequent cancellation or amendment charges.
i. A booking can be made only via reeltours.co.uk. Enquiries may be made by email or by phone;
ii. The price is set according to the number of people participating in the Party;
iii. Payment can be made via any major credit or debit card.
The contract shall only be formed when Reel Tours, at their absolute discretion, acknowledges acceptance of the order in writing or the commencement of delivery of the Services whichever occurs first. No pricing made available by Reel Tours shall constitute an offer capable of acceptance and Reel Tours expressly reserves the right to amend its prices at any time. However, once a booking is confirmed no changes to pricing for that booking will be made. Any images, drawings or descriptions made available by Reel Tours in any form or via any medium whatsoever are produced for guidance only and do not constitute part of an offer or part of the contract unless expressly agreed in writing. The Customer/Lead Person is responsible for checking that the terms and details of any booking are correct and accurate and must advise Modify Productions of any inaccuracies or faults.
3) Booking amendments –
i. Reel Tours reserves the right to vary or alter the specifications of its Services at any time and without notice unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Customer/Lead Person.
ii. If the Customer/Lead Person wishes to amend any details of the booking then this will be accommodated if possible without penalty if the request is made at least 24 hours before the Event.
iii. Where a change cannot be made and the original booking cannot be fulfilled then our standard cancellation policy will be applied.
4) “Services” – Services governed by these Terms means any Services produced or sourced by Reel Tours as listed in the order and may include:
i. Standard Services – these are part of Reel Tours’ standard range of Services which are available for purchase by all Customer/Lead Persons and are publicised as being for general sale in company marketing documents and/or on the company website;
ii. Bespoke Services – these are non-standard Services designed and produced by Reel Tours to the explicit instructions and requirements of the Customer/Lead Person;
iii. Sourced Services – these are Services sourced by Reel Tours from third-party suppliers and made available for sale under lawful agreement either in their sourced form or incorporated into Reel Tours’ own Services;
iv. Customer/Lead Person Nominated Sourced Services – these are Services sourced from a third-party supplier at the Customer/Lead Person’s request and supplied to the Customer/Lead Person either in the sourced form or incorporated into Reel Tours’ own Services. Reel Tours accepts no responsibility or liability for the performance, quality or delivery of these Services.
5) Pricing –
i. All pricing quoted is inclusive of VAT and any other applicable taxes or duties which will be charged at the prevailing rate where applicable.
ii. All pricing includes the Services indicated and agreed at the time of booking together with Statutory Insurance covering accident and third party liability.
iii. All pricing is exclusive of personal insurance (covering injury, item theft or other personal losses), food, beverages or any optional activities not included at the time of booking.
6) Special Terms –
i. There is no minimum age restriction but children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one adult 18 or over.
ii. The Lead Person accepts and confirms that they will accept responsibility for the behaviour and welfare of all members of the Party who are aged under 18;
iii. The Lead Person may be asked for proof of identity including confirmation of phone number, email address and age before admission is allowed and they should bring proof with them. If the Lead Person has misrepresented their age at the time of booking then participation will be refused for them and their Party without refund;
iv. Disabilities and/or medical problems. Whilst the Services are not overly energetic they can involve the climbing of stairs and/or steep inclines and as such they may not be appropriate for some people with certain disabilities or medical problems. If any member of the Party has a disability or medical problem then the Customer/Lead Person must provide full details at the time of booking so that advice can be given as to the suitability of the Services and/or any reasonable adjustments that can be made to accommodate the disability/medical problem. Reel Tours try to operate an access-for-all policy and will make every effort to accommodate special needs accordingly. Depending upon the disability/medical problem a doctor’s certificate may be required that certifies that the person is fit to participate in the Services. Provisions of such a certificate will be the responsibility of the Lead Person at their expense. If Reel Tours, at its sole discretion, decides that it is unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person then the booking will not be confirmed. If details of any disability or medical condition are not revealed at the time of booking but became evident at a later date then Modify Productions reserves, at its sole discretion, to cancel the booking and charge cancellation fees accordingly;
v. Animals and pets are not permitted to attend except for a registered and documented guide dog accompanying a visually impaired person. In such cases responsibility for the dog including matters of feeding, hygiene and general control resides with the accompanying person such that other Customers and participants are not disturbed.
vi. If a Customer or a Party do not arrive on time then Reel Tours reserves the right to cancel the booking without refund. A booking becomes a no-show and will be cancelled without refund and entry declined if a Customer or a Party is more than 15 minutes late;
vii. If any member of the Party arrives in an intoxicated or otherwise unsafe state then at the sole discretion of Reel Tours the individual(s) or the entire Party may be refused admission and the booking will be cancelled without refund. The use of alcohol and tobacco during an Event is strictly prohibited for the safety of all participants and to comply with current legislation. Reel Tours operates a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of illegal drugs or regarding acts of violence, threats of violence or behaviour that is either discriminatory, racist or is, in any other way in Reel Tours’s opinion, offensive towards its employees and/or any other persons present and if there is any such behaviour then the offender will be refused participation and the police may be called and action(s) either criminal and/or civil may be brought against the offender;
viii. All Customers and members of a Party should wear proper and suitable attire including footwear for walking distances of up to 2.6 – 2.8 miles
ix. If less members of a Party attend than it is booked for then the price difference will not be refunded;
i. If more members of a Party attend than are booked for then they will be accommodated if possible up to the maximum number allowable as long as the price difference is paid upon arrival either by cash or by credit/debit card.
7) Delivery in Instalments – if the Services are delivered in instalments then each delivery shall constitute a separate contract. Any failure by Reel Tours to deliver any one or more instalment in accordance with these Terms shall not entitle the Customer/Lead Person to repudiate the entire contract.
8) Payment –
i. Reel Tours will grant credit at its absolute discretion and reserves all rights to refuse credit to the extent of applicable law.
ii. Reel Tours will require a non-refundable deposit or full payment to be paid at the time of order.
iii. Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment for all Services must be made in advance and in full, without any deductions unless agreed in writing. Time for payment shall be of the essence and Services will not delivered unless full payment has been made.
9) Termination of Contract –
i. Cancellation by Customer/Lead Person - any contract governed by these Terms may not be cancelled by the Customer/Lead Person without the Reel Tours’ prior written consent. Upon giving consent Reel Tours reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee relating to Products that are the subject of the contract in order to cover liquidated losses by Reel Tours arising from the cancellation.
ii. Cancellation by Reel Tours – Reel Tours can terminate any contract governed by these Terms immediately if the Customer/Lead Person fails to perform any of their obligations under these terms. If Reel Tours cancels for reasons other than those outside our control and an alternative cannot be found and agreed then a full refund of any monies paid will be made within 14 days of such cancellation being confirmed.
10) Limitation of liability – Reel Tours limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and we expressly exclude:
i. All representations, warranties and conditions relating to the supply of the Products and the use of them including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose.
ii. Liability for deleting software that cannot be re-installed because it was unlicensed and/or illegal for some other reason.
iii. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with use of the Products. This includes, but is not limited to, liability in respect of the Customer/Lead Person and/or any 3rd party for: Loss of income or revenue; Loss of profits; Loss of business; Loss of data; Loss of goodwill; Loss of opportunity; Any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage; Wasted management or staff time;
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
i. Limit or exclude your or our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
ii. Limit or exclude your or our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
iii. Limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law;
iv. Exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Subject to the preceding provisions the limitations and exclusions of liability govern all liabilities arising from the supply of the Products and/or Services under contracts governed by these Terms including all liabilities arising in contract, tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
11) Intellectual Property - all Intellectual Property Rights already owned by Reel Tours or created during the performance of any contract governed by these Terms is and shall remain the property of Reel Tours. Unless confirmed in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Reel Tours nothing in the terms of this agreement shall vest any ownership rights in the Customer/Lead Person
12) Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
i. If the Customer/Lead Person is a consumer and if Reel Tours has agreed your requirements at a face to face meeting away from our premises and the Customer/Lead Person has either confirmed the contract at that meeting or immediately after that meeting or has purchased services from Reel Tours via an organised distance selling operation then the above Regulations may apply.
ii. Right to cancel: If these Regulations apply, the Customer/Lead Person has the right to cancel the order within 72 hours of Reel Tours receiving the confirmation of order. In order to do so the Customer/Lead Person must cancel the agreement in writing or by or email to Reel Tours. In the case of contracts for service Reel Tours cannot start to supply the service until the 72 hour cancellation period has expired unless we receive a request in writing from the Customer/Lead Person to start the service within the cancellation period. PLEASE NOTE: In requesting an early start to the service the Customer/Lead Person understands that they may forfeit some or all of their rights to cancel as provided for in the Regulations and that they may be liable for some or all of the costs of service provided.
iii. Reel Tours shall carry out the agreed services as efficiently as possible, but the nature of the services may mean that we are unlikely to be able to perform the contract within the maximum period of 30 days laid down by the Regulations. PLEASE NOTE: By accepting these terms of business the Customer/Lead Person is agreeing that Reel Tours need not perform the contract within a maximum of 30 days.
13) Privacy – Neither party will, under any circumstances, share or sell any of the other party’s details or information to any 3rd party without that party’s prior written consent.
14) Waiver - no waiver, by either party, whether implied or express, of any particular provision of these Terms, or of any breach or default of either party, shall constitute either a continuing waiver of such provisions or a waiver of any other provisions of the Terms.
15) Force Majeure – Reel Tours shall not be liable for delay in performing or for failure to perform its obligations if the delay or failure results from any of the following: Acts of God; Outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism; The act of any government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any licence or consent); Fire, explosion, flood, fog or bad weather; Power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, failure or breakdown of plant, machinery or vehicles; Default of suppliers or sub-contractors; Theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out or industrial action of any kind; Any cause or circumstance whatsoever beyond Reel Tours’ reasonable control
16) Notice - Any notice or communication served during the performance of this agreement shall be sent by hand or by recorded delivery first class post to the following address: Reel Tours, WN4 0LP
17) Severability - The provisions of this document are severable and if any part thereof is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court then it will not affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remaining provisions. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable clause would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the clause will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant clause will be deemed to be deleted).
18) Governing Law - Any differences arising between Reel Tours and the Customer/Lead Person concerning this Agreement or the rights and liabilities within it shall be governed by and interpreted, in all respects, in accordance with the Laws of England. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
19) Third Party Rights – a person who is not a party to any contract governed by these Terms (a 3rd Party) shall have no rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms.
20) Dispute Resolution - The parties shall attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this contract through negotiations between representatives of the parties, who have authority to settle such disputes. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation within 30 days of receipt of a written 'invitation to negotiate', the parties will attempt to resolve the dispute in good faith through an agreed Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
If the matter has not been resolved by an ADR procedure within 60 days of the initiation of that procedure, or if any party will not participate in an ADR procedure, the dispute may be referred to arbitration by any party. Nothing in this clause shall be construed as prohibiting a party or its affiliate from applying to a court for interim injunctive relief.
21) Whole Agreement – These Terms governing any contract established with the Customer/Lead Person constitute the entire Agreement between Reel Tours and the Customer/Lead Person and supersede any and all prior terms whether written or oral. No modification to the Terms or any claimed waiver shall be deemed to be valid unless in writing and signed by authorised representative of Reel Tours.